Isipingo toddler dies after being electrocuted

A two-year-old boy was killed after he allegedly touched ‘naked’ electric cables, outside his home at the Transit Camp in Isipingo, last week.

It is believed the child was playing with a ball at the back of his home when he touched cables running along the ground, which were connected illegally and was shocked by the electric current.

The child was rushed to Prince Mshiyeni Hospital, however, he succumbed to injuries. An inquest docket has been opened at Isipingo SAPS and is being investigated by Det W/O Rajan Gounden.

“This is one of many tragic incidents reported at Isipingo SAPS. Not only is this illegal but extremely dangerous. We appeal to the community to not connect electricity illegally but rather speak to the Electricity Department and arrange a cheaper electricity method such as the pre-paid card system,” said Isipingo SAPS communications officer, Cpt David Ragavan.

Read more articles on our website: 

Visit our sister sites for more news in the respective areas: 

  AUTHOR
Nadia Khan

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
Isipingo business owner assaulted by armed hijackers

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Mid South Coast Rising Sun
Phoenix Sun
Rising Sun Chatsworth
Rising Sun Lenasia
Rising Sun Overport


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other